Sunday, February 13, 2011

I finally have internet!!

Hey all!

I finally have internet access!  So now I can let you all know what I've been doing for the past three days.

I landed in Melbourne at 8:30 on thursday morning.  Everything went well and I got through customs with minor conveniences (they got a bit stingy of me having trail mix).  Once I got out of the terminal, I got a ride down to the university on a shuttle service provided to international students.  On the way, i met several other exchange students:  Erin, who goes to Boston College; Micah, who goes to American University in DC; Zach, who goes to a small school outside of Philly (I can't remember the name); and Jake, who also goes to a school that escapes my memory but is in Vancouver.  Being that we were fresh off 24 hours of travel and didn't know a soul in Melbourne, we decided to stick together.  We stayed at one of the dorms on campus for the night, but we spent most of the day exploring Melbourne.  We stumbled upon the Queen Victoria Market which is a huge, permanent flee market just north of the Central Business District (CBD) and had dinner at a small pub we found along Franklin street.  This city is incredible!  It's beautiful and clean, and quite easy to navigate.  I had a great time exploring it and trying to get a lay of the land.  Obviously, I was wiped and fell asleep around 9.


Unfortunately, That's all I can tell you right now because I am about to be kicked out of the State Library of Victoria.  So, Days 2 and 3 are coming!  And potentially Day 4, which will include surfing :) That's all I can say for now.

I hope everything is well in the states and that you enjoy this little snippet of my adventures down under!
-Paul

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to add the global phone call to the house worth prolly around 20 dollars to request a pin number to withdraw cash at 25% interest...spending money wisely i see

    ReplyDelete