Thursday, March 31, 2011

Parents in Australia

Hey All,

I had a pretty awesome weekend with a wonderful visit from my parents!  They are in Australia for a 3 week trip and started with four days in Melbourne.  I took them around Melbourne and we did heaps of stuff.  They were jetlagged and tired each day but were excited to be here!

First, I took them to Federation Square and some of Melbourne's famous alley ways for lunch.  They were thrilled to see the CBD (central business district) and explore a neat part of the city.  I then took them to the Queen Victoria Market to get some souvenirs and then back to St. Mary's to show them where I live.  We caught some dinner on Lygon street (the Italian district... some of the best pizza period) and had a pleasant evening.  They were wiped, so I let them get back to their hotel to get some much needed sleep.

Over the next three days we went to such places as the Melbourne Museum, and Australian Rules Football Game, an attempt to see the Formula 1 grand prix that was taking place in south Melbourne (we saw the tops of the cars from outside the fence!), china town on Little Bourke, the famous arcades and laneways of Melbourne, St. Kilda, the Shrine of Remembrance, and Parliament.  I kept them good and busy.



They are currently traveling along the great ocean road seeing some cool scenery and enjoying the countryside.  They'll be visiting Adelaide, Sydney and Cairns while they're here.  Again, it was so great to see them and spend time with my family over seas!

Paul

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! you're so lucky to have them come visit you! they are lucky that they could come!

    ReplyDelete