Thursday, June 2, 2011

Diving to the Max

Hey Everyone!

It's been a while since I posted last, but up until recently not much has been going on.  I was busy working hard on finishing up my final projects for my subjects and now we're in the study week before exams.  My first exam isn't until the 17th, so I've been twiddling my thumbs for a couple days.

However, I've been keeping myself busy.  I've been biking with my friends bike around Melbourne and touring the city a bit.  Last weekend I went diving down in Ocean Grove, very close to where I dove for the first time in Melbourne.  We dove a site called "Castle Rock" which, like the name suggests, is a castle shaped rock underwater.  It's about 30 ft tall and has cool embankments on the edges that gives the appearance of standing on the edge of a castle.  We saw port jackson sharks and even a seal!  It was such an awesome dive that I was inspired to do something a bit rash...

I'm going back to Cairns!!!  I decided to book some flights and go on an incredible adventure to the great barrier reef!  I'll be living aboard a boat for three days, diving 4 times a day and getting my advanced open water diver certification!!!  I have my open water cert now, but with AOW I can dive much deeper (30 m, 100 ft) and I can dive in wrecks and will become a much more experienced diver.  I'm so excited for my trip!  It'll be warm and I'll be on the ocean, doing something I love.  I couldn't ask for any more.

So one more grand adventure before I leave this wonderful continent.  I still have plans to travel the great ocean road and to see some of my friends in the country, so June should prove to be a great month!

Cheers,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment